Benjamin F. Dillingham and Bridget Wilson LGBT Veterans Wall of Honor
The Benjamin F. Dillingham and Bridget Wilson LGBT Veterans Wall of Honor recognizes lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender veterans with ties to San Diego who have taken the oath to serve our country and have done so honorably, and with distinction, acting as role models in advancing equality. The Veterans Wall commemorates these veterans' lives in hopes that their courage, bravery and sacrifices will continue to inspire future generations.
|Joanna L. Gasca, USAF||Scott P. Lawry, USN||Allen R. Schindler, Jr, USN|
|Dennis E. Howard, USN||Edwin O. Lohr, USAF||Jeff Underwood, USN|
|Arthur J. Kelleher, USN||Sean R. Redmond, USAF||Craig A. Wilgenbusch, USN|
|William E. Kelly, USAF||Sean M. Sala, USN||Veronica Zerrer, USA|
|Mitchel Eugene Cantrell, USA||Camille Emily Davidson, USAF||Gordon K. Wahl, USAF|
|Diane M. "Semo" Cimochowicz, USN||Jackie K. Jackson, USN||Donna F. Walker, USN|
|Alberto Cortes, USN||Lester Lefkowitz, USA|
|Phyllis A. Daugherty, USAF||Trent Lozano-Osier, USN|
|Dennis Michael Fiordaliso, USN
||John Carlos Keasler, USA||Thomas Joseph Seguine, USN|
|Robert Hall "Jess" Jessop, USN||Robert A. Lehman, USMC||Frank Stefano, USN|
|Jacque Atkinson, USMC||Ben Gomez, USN||Joseph Christopher Rocha, USN|
|John Banvard, USAA||Kathleen A. Hansen, USN||Will Rodriguez-Kennedy, USMC|
|Kristen Beck, USN||April F. Heinze, USN||Evelyn Lynn Thomas, USMC|
|Stewart Bornhoft, USA||Morgan M. Hurley, USN||Autumn Violet Sandeen, USN|
|Carlita "Lee" Durand, USAF||Gerard Nadeau, USAA|
|Shaun A. Flak, USMC||Stephen Peters, USMC|
|Stan Berry, USN||Donald P. Kambic, USA||August Provost, USN|
|Jeri Dilno, USAF||Lisa Kove, USN
||Luke Terpstra, USA|
|Benjamin M. Fowler III, USA||Robert Lynn, USN
||Jim Woodward, USN|
|George Haverstick, USN||Harvey Milk, USN|
Veteran: Candidate must meet the definition of a Veteran
• Took the Oath of Enlistment or Oath of Office
• Embodies the Core Values of their respective service branch
• Copy of DD214 is required for each candidate to confirm service.
• Eligible regardless of rank earned, branch of service, or component (Active, Reserve or National Guard)
• Candidate may be living or deceased
• Honorable Discharge is required, the only exception being separation based on veteran’s sexual orientation, gender identity or medical status
• Serves a role model by demonstrating repeated acts of charity, bridge building or community involvement in a manner that advances equality
• Must have served in or lived in San Diego County long enough to meet the contribution criteria, but need not have been in San Diego when this contribution criteria was met
• Must be nominated by someone other than themselves, with two San Diego co-sponsors. Nominator need not be from San Diego. Co-sponsors must be from San Diego and need not know the candidate personally, but must support the candidate’s nomination. Nominations are accepted through July 31 for consideration for induction that calendar year.
• Any candidate registered as a sex offender or charged with sexual molestation (without acquittal) is not eligible for consideration.
• Anyone wishing to appeal the decision of the LGBT Veteran’s Wall of Honor Advisory Council may do so in writing to The San Diego LGBT Community Center’s Chief Operating Officer.
To submit a nomination:
Or print and mail the completed form and documentation to:
San Diego LGBT Community Center
Attn: Ben Cartwright
PO Box 3357
San Diego, CA 92103
Or hand deliver the nomination form and documentation to The Center, 3909 Centre St., San Diego, CA 92103.
2016 Advisory Council
Jim Cassidy (co-chair)
Dr. Lori Hensic
Morgan M. Hurley (co-chair)