The Center provides direct services to the many different facets of the LGBT community, including men, women, youth, seniors, families, LGBT Latino community members and their families, as well as those struggling with HIV. The Center is led by a 14-member board of directors, employs over 50 paid staff and utilizes more than 800 community volunteers. Incorporated in 1973 as a community-based, non-profit, 501(c) (3) agency, The Center has more than 41 years of experience as a health and human services agency. Last year The Center provided 61,550 service visits to 26,671 unique clients a year: 54% of them are people of color, 42% of them women and 12% of Center clients are Transgender.
- Advocacy and Civil Services Marriage Equality, Education, Community Safety, Hate Crimes, Workplace Equality.
- Behavioral Health Services A wide range of counseling services for individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Community Resources Bruce M. Abrams Lending Library, The David Bohnett Cyber Center Computer Lab and more.
- Discussion Groups Facilitated by peers, discussion groups provide a safe, social, and educational space for community members.
- Family Matters Enhancing and sustaining the health and well-being of LGBT families.
- HIV Services Counseling, HIV testing, discussion groups, information and referral for HIV+ community.
- Latino Services Providing a welcoming, culturally and linguistically appropriate space for community members.
- Men's Services From social events to discussion groups, The Center has a wide variety of programming for men.
- Senior Services Creating a safe space and offering important resources and referrals for those 50 and better.
- Signature Events AIDS Walk & Run, Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast, Nightmare on Normal Street and more.
- Volunteer Resources Do you want to make a real difference in your community? Volunteer at The Center!
- Women's Services A safe space where LBT women and their allies will have access to important resources.
- Youth Services Sunburst Youth Housing Project, Hillcrest Youth Center
- Young Professionals Council A diverse group of young professionals dedicated to the future of The Center.
- Transgender Services Project TRANS (Transgender Referrals, Assistance, Networking and Services) offers discussion groups, behavioral health services, HIV prevention services, youth services and more