The Center houses over 40 programs, projects and services that reach out to the LGBT, HIV/AIDS and allied communities. The Center is led by a 20-member board of directors, employs over 40 paid staff and utilizes more than 800 community volunteers. Incorporated in 1973 as a community-based, non-profit, 501(c) (3) agency, The Center has more than 40 years of experience as a health and human services agency. Last year The Center provided more than 55,000 direct service visits to community members, and through its events, activities and advocacy, touched the lives of thousands more.
- Advocacy and Civil Services Marriage Equality, Education, Community Safety, Hate Crimes, Workplace Equality.
- Behavioral Health Services A wide range of counseling services for individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Community Resources Bruce M. Abrams Lending Library, The David Bohnett Cyber Center Computer Lab and more.
- Discussion Groups Facilitated by peers, discussion groups provide a safe, social, and educational space for community members.
- Family Matters Enhancing and sustaining the health and well-being of LGBT families.
- HIV Services Counseling, HIV testing, discussion groups, information and referral for HIV+ community.
- Latino Services Providing a welcoming, culturally and linguistically appropriate space for community members.
- Men's Services From social events to discussion groups, The Center has a wide variety of programming for men.
- Senior Services Creating a safe space and offering important resources and referrals for those 50 and better.
- Signature Events AIDS Walk & Run, Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast, Nightmare on Normal Street and more.
- Volunteer Resources Do you want to make a real difference in your community? Volunteer at The Center!
- Women's Services A safe space where LBT women and their allies will have access to important resources.
- Youth Services Sunburst Youth Housing Project, Hillcrest Youth Center
- Young Professionals Council A diverse group of young professionals dedicated to the future of The Center.